Funding for study and research in Germany

The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) offers a wide range of funding opportunities for students, researchers, and academics from the UK to go to Germany.

Other funding opportunities can be found in the DAAD's scholarship database.

For further information on study programmes in Germany, conditions of entry, the application process or any questions around applying for a grant to go to Germany you can contact the DAAD London Office or any of the DAAD Lektors across the UK. Click here to find your DAAD contacts in the NORTH EAST.

Ellen Pilsworth, who graduated from Oxford with a degree in German and English this summer, received a DAAD scholarship to undertake research in Heidelberg. You can read her account of her time in Heidelberg here.